1) Be respectful of others. Do not use language that is racist, sexist, homophobic, or otherwise exclusionary or offensive. Do not SHOUT. Do not break the scroll. Do not hotlink images. Do be polite.
2) Comments should be substantive and germane. Derailing is absolutely forbidden. In this context, the phrase “It’s just a game” and equivalents are the major culprits. Complaining about spoilers is also cause for comment deletion. The proposition that games are (or at least can be) art is not up for debate on this site. However, other forms of derailment are also against the rules. Derailing for Dummies is a helpful guide to what not to do.
3) Do not fanboy in my comments section.
4) Advertisement of any kind is strictly prohibited. Should you advertise in the comments, you will be billed $1000 per incident even if the comment is rejected. Advertising in my comments also enjoins you from pursuing any legal action related to my subsequent statements about your company. Any subsequent legal action on your behalf shall be penalized by a forfeit of $1 million per filing (mine and yours), payable to me or a charity of my choosing.
5) Swearing is discouraged unless it is necessary or would be really funny. Puns, no matter how horrible, are encouraged.
6) Comments may be deleted at any time, for any reason, at the sole discretion of the site operator, no matter how unfair it seems to you.